Preparing to shoot 2 New Music Videos!
As a means to promote the new website, sound, and album, I am looking to produce 2 music videos over the summer of 2012. I am working on the preproduction now and am planning to run a kickstarter campaign to help cover the costs… More on that soon!
Here are the details:
Video for The Cat’s Pajamas
– So the lyrical story is about a female double agent hired to kill a handsome male agent. She’s staking him at the pool and she falls for him. She is caught between doing what she is hired to do and what she wants to do. And you will only know the ending once the video is released, unless you buy into one of the rewards to be in the video or be on set! Muah!!!! Looking for extras ( ages 1 – 90) for the pool scene, and adults (ages 25 – 90) for the casino scene. I like a crisp, swanky Parisian James Bond feel for this one, with an added dash of grit, creepiness, and quirk. I will be working with Producer Frank Rice. And the plan is to shoot Saturday and Sunday June 16th – 17th in San Diego. So please, be in touch soon if you want to be included.
Video for Vertigo
– Vertigo is all about a comparison of childhood cares (or lack there of) and the realities of adult cares. It is one of my deepest songs ever, and almost every word has a double meaning – what those words mean to an adult vs. a child are two completely different things. It touches on everything from child abuse to the education budget, from Obama to the tsunami/earthquake of Japan. It’s all “hidden’ in there… and I think it could be very powerful visually to play on all of these things. Think: Raw. Free, Youth. Empowered, Uprising, Natural, Wild Beauty. We are looking for free spirited extras. We will shoot the children scenes (ages 3 – 12) one day in early to mid July. And the adult (ages 18 – 35) scenes TBD in July or August. I’m working with Director of Photography Philip Ferrari.
The Crews (As of now)
Director: Frank Rice Jr.
– Directed Music Videos for JMD Records/Universal Music Group
– Directed Miz Mandy’s first music video
Co-Director: Nicholas Lam
-Nick has directed such critically acclaimed films as the 2007 Panavision New Filmmaker Award winning Real Fiction, which also took home “Best Dramatic Short Film” at the 2008 Indianapolis International Film Festival; dozens of award-winning music videos including Billboard Top 5 techno band Swiss American Federation, Billboard Top 20 artist Jason Dottley, Gospel charting artist Cynthia Simons, European Billboard Charting punk band Marya Roxx, and such TV pilots as TRL CHINA Top 10 for E! Entertainment and Office Meltdown for Bravo Networks.
– Recently signed with Proctor & Gamble to post-supervise their new slate of international ad campaigns for ALWAYS; with Enrich Entertainment to scribe two upcoming commercial action features; with Metropolis Films to direct Muchacho Del Flamenco, a dramatic feature from Pulitzer-nominated Stephen Ryder (L.I.E.) starring Spanish Flamenco legends Rafael Amargo and Charo; and to direct a currently untitled project teaming up with legendary cinematographer Christopher Doyle (In the Mood for Love, Hero, 2046, Chunking Express).
Director of Photography: Nicolas Martin
(Nico has a ton more videos and commercials, but I think this is enough.)
Rihanna for California King Bed, Adidas with Katy Perry, Justin Bieber (Someday), Justin Bieber/Chris Brown (Next 2 U), Neutrogena/Jennifer Garner, Charlotte Gainsbourg – Terrible Angels, L’Oreal with Beyonce, Adidas with David Beckham, Taco Bell, Clairol, Nokia, Britney Spears for Radiance, Sharon Stone for Dior, McDonald’s, L’Oreal with Eva Longoria, InStyle with Hillary Swank, Aveeno, Jenny Craig, Disney Mobile, Revlon, Charlie Winston “I love your smile”, Avon with Reese Witherspoon, Nestle and Sony.
Vertigo Director of Photography Philip Ferrari:
Philip Ferrari is the owner of Ferrari Productions – a full-service media production company specializing in video production and commercial photography. He has produced award-winning video promotion and training programs, photography, commercials, training media and television programming since 1989. Credits and awards include: Easy Turf ads with Ladainian Tomlinson, Zui Buzz, 2009 Best of San Diego Award, and San Diego Union Tribune Readers’ Poll Best Video Production Company for 2008.
I’ll be in touch soon with more details!
PS – We shot a music video in January for my new track ‘Rising Sun’. Here is a peek at behind the scenes footage set to the song ‘Paper Tiger’ (also from my new album). http://vimeo.com/35229240